Thrust v1.3.0 release
We are pleased to announce the release of Thrust v1.3, an open-source template library for developing CUDA applications. Modeled after the C++ Standard Template Library (STL), Thrust brings a familiar abstraction layer to the realm of GPU computing.
Version 1.3 adds several new features, including:
- a state-of-the-art sorting implementation, recently featured on Slashdot.
- performance improvements to stream compaction and reduction
- robust error reporting and failure detection
- support for CUDA 3.2 and gf104-based GPUs
- search algorithms
- and more!
Get started with Thrust today! First download Thrust v1.3 and then follow the online quick-start guide. Refer to the online documentation for a complete list of features. Many concrete examples and a set of introductory slides are also available.
Thrust is open-source software distributed under the OSI-approved Apache License v2.0.
- Thanks to Duane Merrill for contributing a fast radix sort implementation
- Thanks to Erich Elsen for contributing an implementation of find_if
- Thanks to Andrew Corrigan for contributing changes which enable OpenMP in the absence of nvcc
- Thanks to Andrew Corrigan, Cliff Woolley, David Coeurjolly, Janick Martinez Esturo, John Bowers, Maxim Naumov, Michael Garland, and Ryuta Suzuki for bug reports
- Thanks to Cliff Woolley for help with testing